By Aisha Lawal, Muritala Muneerah and Sodamade Hameedah
The month of Ramadan is the ninth month of the Lunar Calendar. It is the month which has been ordained as the month of peace and blessing. A matured, sane Muslim is expected to fast during this glorious month from dawn to dusk with the exception of travelers, menstruating women and so on. Some of the things that invalidates one’s fast are:
- Sexual intercourse
Some spiritual facts of the month of Ramadan as well as rewardable acts include:
- Almighty Allah (SWT) descends to accept prayers of Muslimeen and Muslimat.
- The gates of the of the heaven are wide open.
- Shayton is tied down in the month of Ramadan.
- The Holy Qur’an was revealed in this glorious month.
- The gates of forgiveness are wide open.
- The night of Majesty(Laylatul Qadar) is in this glorious month.
As Muslims, we are enjoined to engage in rewardable acts such as reading of Qur’an, meditation of Allah, engaging in ibadah and reading of adkhar.